Organic waste conversion is quickly emerging as the leading technology for waste reuse and energy harvesting, and as such, many organizations are faced with the challenge of selecting the best collection, separation, and processing for their organization. Join Ernest Ruckert III, PE for the third session in our 5-Session Organics Management Master Class Series exploring the organic waste collection, separation, and processing technologies and systems available to you, and how to choose the best technology and systems for your organization.
In this webcast, we’ll explore the available organic waste collection, separation, and processing technologies and systems, key elements, applications, and current implementations. Join Ruckert as he opens our discussion with an overview of organic waste types, terminology, classification, and definition. Building upon this foundation, we’ll explore organic waste pre- and post-collection separation and storage equipment and systems (including at point of generation, at a central processing facility, and off-site options), and the factors influencing successful selection (e.g., the generator, compatibility with existing recycling programs and collection operations, collection equipment, organics processing technology, economics, and end use processed materials). Additionally, Ruckert will discuss the available collection and transport equipment options (new and converted), their current applications, and the advantages and disadvantages of each. Finally, we will discuss the many organic waste processing technologies and systems available for processing and recovery of energy, and the current application and success of these based on real-world case studies.
Attendees can expect the discussion and education of the following learning objectives.
- Understanding and identification of the organic material classifications.
- Understanding of available organics separation options (at the point of generation and at a central processing facility)
- Understanding of available organics collection vehicle truck body options, and the advantages and disadvantages of each
- Understanding of processing facilities successfully processing organics
Organics Management Master Class Series
This presentation is the third module in our Organics Management Master Class Series. Currently, we are offering the full Master Class Series at a discounted rate. If you are interested in purchasing the full Master Class Series, you can find information and the registration link here.
* Presentations are scheduled for approximately one hour with a 15-20 minute question and answer session to follow. Presentation may exceed scheduled time.
* Each state and certification agency has different requirements; it is your responsibility to know what they are. Note that 1 PDH = 0.1 CEU.