While inspection and maintenance are a critical part of BMP performance, it's all too often overlooked…until it's too late. The result? Poor performance, unforeseen maintenance costs, and inspection surprises. So, why not be proactive and keep your post-construction stormwater BMPs a step ahead of the inspectors?
Join Steven Polk for the final session in our Post-Construction Stormwater BMPs Master Class Series exploring how to assess, create, and implement an effective post-construction stormwater BMP inspection and maintenance plan to keep your BMPs working AND keep compliant.
In this webcast, Polk will begin with a look at post-construction stormwater BMP inspection and maintenance approaches, and how you can assess which approach works best for you. We'll then dive into inspection and maintenance plans, outlining the key elements, considerations, and best practices for each (including what inspectors look for), and the performance and cost advantages to integrating your inspection and maintenance plans. Building on this foundation, Polk will outline how you can assess your BMPs overall system health, design, and functionality; design an inspection and maintenance plan that proactively addresses any weaknesses in your system; and effectively implement your programs at your site to stay ahead of any potential issues. And finally, we'll wrap up the session with a tour of real-world examples and discussion about what realistically works in the field (and what doesn't), and the lessons learned you can apply to your inspection and maintenance programs to improve your system's performance cost-effectively.
Attendees can expect the discussion and education of the following learning objectives:
- Understand the different inspection and maintenance approaches, and learn how to assess the best for you.
- Learn how to assess system health and function of your projects.
- Learn the key elements, considerations, and best practices for assessing, building, and implementing your inspection and maintenance plans.
- Understand the relationship between inspection and maintenance, and how you can integrate these for cost-effective operation.
- Learn what works and what doesn't in the field, why, and how you can apply these lessons learned.
Post-Construction Stormwater BMPs Master Class Series
This BMP Inspection and Maintenance – Keeping BMPs Working webinar is the final session in our 5-session Post-Construction Stormwater BMPs Master Class Series. Currently, we are offering the full Master Class Series at a discounted rate. If you are interested in purchasing the full Master Class Series, you can find information and the registration link here.
* Presentations are scheduled for approximately one hour with a 15-20 minute question and answer session to follow. Presentation may exceed scheduled time.
* Each state and certification agency has different requirements; it is your responsibility to know what they are. Note that 1 PDH = 0.1 CEU.