Post-construction stormwater BMPs are not one size fits all. And as the project lead – between calculating the stormwater runoff rates and volumes, calculating the flow velocity and conveyance / impoundment depths, and modeling these in your specific environment – selecting and designing the proper stormwater BMP for your site can be tricky.
Join Gene Rovak for the third session in our Post-Construction Stormwater BMPs Master Class Series exploring the computational hydrologic and hydraulic methods used in stormwater BMP design and selection (e.g., LID BMPs); available computer modeling systems and applications; real-world case study examples of successful BMP selection and design; AND how you can apply these to your project to ensure success.
In this webcast, we'll start with a look at the key elements (jurisdictional and physical), considerations, and approaches for successful stormwater BMP design and selection. Rovak will then dive into the basic computational hydrologic methods (e.g., components, considerations, and calculations) used to determine stormwater runoff rates and volumes. Building on this, we'll outline the hydraulic methods used to calculate velocities of flow and depths of conveyances and impoundments, and how you can apply these hydraulic and hydrologic methods to your projects. We'll also take an in-depth look into the available computer modeling programs, their applications, strengths and weaknesses, and how you can apply these in your design process. Finally, we'll take a tour of real-world case studies (with an emphasis on LID-BMP facilities) which have put these methods to work. We'll explore how they did it, how it helped them meet their NPDES MS4 regulations, their ongoing results, and how you can apply the lessons learned to your site.
Attendees can expect the discussion and education of the following learning objectives:
- Learn the basics of computational hydrologic and hydraulic methods used to determine BMP design and selection.
- Learn the available computer modeling software (e.g., applications, strengths, and weaknesses) and how you can apply these in your modeling.
- Learn the key BMP design and selection elements, considerations, and approaches when choosing BMPs for your project.
- Gain the lessons learned from real-world case studies (including LID-BMPs) employing hydrologic, hydraulic, and computer modeling in their BMP design and selection and how you can apply these to your project.
Post-Construction Stormwater BMPs Master Class Series
This BMP Design and Selection – Hydrology, Hydraulics, and Computer Modelingwebinar is the third session in our 5-session Post-Construction Stormwater BMPs Master Class Series. Currently, we are offering the full Master Class Series at a discounted rate. If you are interested in purchasing the full Master Class Series, you can find information and the registration link here.
* Presentations are scheduled for approximately one hour with a 15-20 minute question and answer session to follow. Presentation may exceed scheduled time.
* Each state and certification agency has different requirements; it is your responsibility to know what they are. Note that 1 PDH = 0.1 CEU.