Extend your outreach and campaign effectiveness with social media. Join Erica Mahgerefteh, Strategic Director at S. Groner Associates, to explore social media’s opportunities, myths, and real-world tested and approved social media strategies designed to engage your audience and result in behavior change.
Social media is changing the outreach game. Besides incorporating “tweets”, “blogs”, “shares”, and “likes” into our vocabulary, the rise of social domains like Facebook and Twitter have changed the rules of information exchange. Instead of the public passively waiting for information to come, today’s public is actively engaged in defining, creating, and sharing information.
As a public or private entity or program, this new social medium and exchange offers great opportunity to not only get your message out there, but to engage, inform, interact with, and enable your audience to pass your message forward. That is if – and that’s a big if – if you have a solid understanding of how to maximize the value of this powerful tool.
Join Erica Mahgerefteh to explore tricks of the trade behind how to harness the power of social media as an outreach tool, to engage your audience and affect stakeholder behavior change. Case studies and real world examples will help answer questions such as:
- What are the social media opportunities, myths, and pitfalls?
- How does social media affect the way I interact with my audience?
- What are some proven tactics for successfully utilizing social media in outreach?
- How can I assess my social media success?
Webcast attendees can expect the discussion and education of the following learning objectives.
- Social media's influence on audiences and information exchange
- How social media can be used as a powerful tool in creating action
- 5 proven tactics for successfully using social media
- Understanding of application via real world social media examples
* Presentations are scheduled for approximately one hour with a 15-20 minute question and answer session to follow. Presentation may exceed scheduled time.
* Each state and certification agency has different requirements; it is your responsibility to know what they are. Note that 1 PDH = 0.1 CEU.