Improve your stormwater management and water quality, and reduce your short and long-term costs...without grey infrastructure. Join Steven Apfelbaum to explore how to utilize ecological design principles and Stormwater Treatment Train concepts to effectively manage your stormwater and improve your water quality while also offering substantial short and long-term ecological, environmental, and economic benefits.
In this webcast, Apfelbaum will discuss how by emulating natural systems in designing our stormwater management, we can reduce runoff peaks and volumes, improve water quality, improve community quality-of-life, and save money. Additionally, we’ll explore the concepts of the Stormwater Treatment Train and how they can be used to address water quality, runoff hydrograph, runoff velocity, and hydrograph timing, as well as how to effectively implement stormwater treatment trains on your site.
We’ll also discuss the economic, design, management, and quality-of-life issues involved with traditional engineered grey infrastructure, and how ecological design and Stormwater Treatment Train concepts offers a solution which is more effective, less costly, and sustainable, as well as creates open space and wildlife habitat opportunities, ultimately contributing positively to human quality-of-life opportunities and increased neighborhood aesthetics, economics, and market value.
Webcast attendees can expect the discussion and education of the following learning objectives:
- How historic landscapes and ecological systems and existing landscapes and human system manage stormwater, and the results, issues, and impacts of each
- Why although there have been significant investments in stormwater management and BMPs, flood levels and flood frequencies increasing and rising
- How Stormwater Treatment Trains (STT) address water quality, runoff hydrograph, runoff velocity, and hydrograph timing, and how it works under rare storm/flood events (compared to conventional engineered designs)
- How single-purpose engineering designs for Stormwater volume and timing (hydrograph) management can be replaced economically with systems based on Stormwater Treatment Train design
- How the geographical or space limitations in projects using Stormwater Treatment Train design compared to conventional engineered designs.
* Webcast presentations are scheduled for approximately one hour with a 15-20 minute question and answer session to follow. Webcast may exceed scheduled time.
*Each state and certification agency has different requirements; it is your responsibility to know what they are. Note that 1 PDH = 0.1 CEU.