Green Stormwater Infrastructures (GSIs) are functional, sustainable, and cost effective. But they are hard to get approved by budget makers and to maintain due to some intrinsic and unique features.
Join Forester University and speakers Wei Zhang (Zynnovation LLC), Dan Whitehead (HortSource), and Gordon Mann (Mann Made Resources)—who combine for 60 years of experience in green infrastructures—for this comprehensive, three-part series.
We will address the funding aspect on how to pitch green infrastructures to law/budget makers and the technical aspect on how to make use of the abundant stormwater directed into these systems to mitigate some of the major stresses on the vegetation in GSIs.
Read brief course descriptions below, follow the links to learn more, and register today—a la carte or for the entire series. All sessions become available on-demand within 24 hours of airing live, so it’s never too late to save 20% and earn 3 PDH / 0.3 CEU with this full-series bundle!
Tuesday, April 20, 2021 @ 11 a.m. PDT / 2 p.m. EDT
1 PDH / 0.1 CEU
Review novel technologies that can address stresses on the vegetation in green stormwater infrastructure, including flooding, drought, and soil compaction.
Wednesday, April 21, 2021 @ 11 a.m. PDT / 2 p.m. EDT
1 PDH / 0.1 CEU
Review methods and technologies to mitigate the stresses from de-icing salts applied on streets, parking lots, and sidewalks, which inevitably get washed into green stormwater infrastructures.
Thursday, April 22, 2021 @ 11 a.m. PDT / 2 p.m. EDT
1 PDH / 0.1 CEU
Calling all green industry leaders… Receive tools/resources on how to persuade your budget makers. Instead of endlessly talking about the big-picture benefits and economics of GI that seem non-related/non-essential to some law/budget makers, this talk gets directly to the thing they care about most: tax dollars!
- Learn the benefits of green infrastructure: air quality, water quality, stormwater retention and detention, energy savings, aesthetics, health, and more
- Learn the stresses in GSIs: soil moisture fluctuation, presence of salt, compacted soils, heat island, drought, etc
- Discover methods and technologies (through case studies) that can help solve common GSI problems
- Explore the number of ways that green infrastructure can save taxpayer money, from personal-level safety to billion-dollar price tags
- Discover the number of ways that green infrastructure can help increase tax revenue (e.g., property value increase directly correlates to property tax increase)
Train Your Team
Get the whole team trained! We offer additional savings if you register as a group. For group pricing information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
* Presentations are scheduled for approximately one hour with a 15-20 minute question and answer session to follow. Presentations may exceed scheduled time.
* Each state and certification agency have different requirements; it is your responsibility to know what they are. Note that 1 PDH = 0.1 CEU.
* Purchase of this bundle allows you access to the presentations for 6 months from the order date.