Living shorelines have become central to the discussion surrounding building resilience against increasingly larger storms. In fact, coastal areas are undergoing a type of rebirth, with many converting from bulkheads to living shorelines due to their proven ability to reduce the impacts and catastrophic damage from weather events.
Join Forester University for this live, educational webinar featuring returning speaker Rod Tyler, President of Green Horizons Environmental LLC. He will review coastal and inland projects to demonstrate the CRV design process (containment, reinforcement, and vegetation establishment), which is leading the field in resilient, sustainable living shorelines. With the number of epic storms continually on the rise, he will help you understand what you are up against and enable you to use the best tools to combat them.
If you are a progressive, change-oriented designer, engineer, consultant, landowner, or other stakeholder—and even if you have taken Tyler's previous living shorelines courses—then you will be sure to come away from this session with valuable insights based on his most recent, cutting-edge technology and projects!
By participating in this webinar, attendees will:
- Learn what a living shoreline is, the function it provides, and its benefits versus traditional hard structures
- Understand the underlying law related to living shorelines, including federal guidelines
- Discover key design principles behind using various types of living shorelines, which include vegetation selection, slope design, containment, energy dissipation, filtration, retainment, use of locally available native materials, and reinforcement using man-made products
- Receive a demonstration of the CRV design process (containment, reinforcement, and vegetation establishment)
- Explore common areas where new tools may be used to help landowners reduce the impacts of storm events
The Sustainable Site: The Design Manual for Green Infrastructure and Low Impact Development
Want to hear even more of Rod’s industry expertise? Save 15% on your copy of his top-selling Forester Press book The Sustainable Site: The Design Manual for Green Infrastructure and Low Impact Development…Simply enter the discount code Sustainable15 at checkout to redeem this exclusive offer!
Train Your Team
Get the whole team trained! We offer additional savings if you register as a group. For group pricing information, contact us at email@example.com
* Presentations are scheduled for approximately one hour with a 15-20 minute question and answer session to follow. Presentations may exceed scheduled time. * Each state and certification agency have different requirements; it is your responsibility to know what they are. Note that 1 PDH = 0.1 CEU. * Purchase of this course allows you access to the presentation(s) for 6 months from the order date.