Engineering and public works staff often are asked to develop and implement some new policy, criteria, user fee, master plan, road project, parks plan… you name it. And it is often the case that City Council would like citizen input. Sometimes this is because they do not want to make a hard decision without citizen support, and sometimes it is because they would honestly like a better set of ideas for a project than they feel the staff or consultant has brought to them.
It is seen as good public policy to involve citizens. However, when the group must consider something that is technical in nature—that requires at least a rudimentary grasp of certain legal, procedural, or technical information—things can get difficult and confusing in a hurry.
In 45 years of consulting with more than 50 citizen groups, Andy Reese (PE, LEED AP, D.WRE) has developed a nationally and internationally recognized process and set of tools that greatly increase the probability of success of such a group. The Harvard-MIT Consensus Magazine said of Mr. Reese and his team, “Their success depends on seeing the problem in terms of a successful process.”
Join Forester University for this live, educational webinar as Mr. Reese shares a set of comprehensive keys to success in a practical and easy-to-apply way—approaches that you can begin to use immediately!
Attendees can expect the discussion and education of the following learning objectives.
- Learn how to define and select a group
- Understand how to define a problem in terms of a process that can be achieved
- Explore how to frame a roadmap and supporting information
- Walk through how to conduct a meeting
- Receive specific decision-making tools suitable for group exercises
Train Your Team
Get the whole team trained! We offer additional savings if you register as a group. For group pricing information, contact us at email@example.com
* Presentations are scheduled for approximately one hour with a 15-20 minute question and answer session to follow. Presentations may exceed scheduled time. * Each state and certification agency have different requirements; it is your responsibility to know what they are. Note that 1 PDH = 0.1 CEU. * Purchase of this course allows you access to the presentation(s) for 6 months from the order date.