This 20% savings bundle is your ticket to Living Shorelines: Lakes, Ponds, and Other Inland Waters AND Living Shorelines: Coastal Waters!
These two webinars will air live on back-to-back days—Wednesday, December 2 & Thursday, December 3 (both at 11 a.m. PST / 2 p.m. EST).
Join Forester University and returning speaker Peter Hanrahan (CPESC) to learn how the latest tools and techniques can begin to reverse the negative impacts of past practices and offer hope for a future which promises both functional and sustainable shorelines.
Read brief course descriptions below, follow the links to learn more, and register today to earn 2 PDH / 0.2 CEU!
- Courses become available on-demand within 24 hours of airing live
- Courses may be taken a la carte for 1 PDH / 0.1 CEU each (sign up on individual product pages)
Inland property adjacent to our waterways has always been, and will always be, vulnerable to the forces of nature. We have seen many negative impacts of past practices. But, we have also learned a great deal from these negative impacts… And the good news is that all these problems can and must be successfully addressed. Explore how in this session!
Fueled by climate change, the combination of rising sea levels and heavily concentrated development along our coastlines poses challenges that will only intensify in the future. Tough decisions will need to be made about what areas to protect, leading to the hard truth that some coastal properties will need to be surrendered to the seas. Receive an overview of past practices and be provided with a review of the latest thinking and technological developments as the world faces this immense problem.
- Understand how traditional methods of shoreline management have given way to more innovative and effective solutions
- Get exposed to innovative best management practices and the positive environmental impacts of carefully planned shoreline management
- Know the environmental advantages of the use of native plants and species
- Learn about the benefits of careful infiltration and drainage practices, sustainable designs, and responsible stewardship
- Be brought up to date on the impact rising seas are having on shoreline protection planning
- Discuss in detail the role of government oversight and its impact on planning for future sea level rise
- Receive specific guidance for relevant reading and research
- Review past practices and evolving innovative solutions for coastal erosion protection
Train Your Team
Get the whole team trained! We offer additional savings if you register as a group. For group pricing information, contact us at email@example.com
* Presentations are scheduled for approximately one hour with a 15-20 minute question and answer session to follow. Presentations may exceed scheduled time. * Each state and certification agency have different requirements; it is your responsibility to know what they are. Note that 1 PDH = 0.1 CEU. * Purchase of this bundle allows you access to the presentations for 6 months from the order date.