In today’s litigious atmosphere, professionals are often asked to be expert witnesses in civil suits or to simply provide services for mediations, arbitrations, and forensic investigations. While this can be a nerve-wracking experience, there are various techniques you can employ to become an effective expert witness.
Join Forester University for this live, educational, two-part webinar as prolific speaker Dr. David T. Williams helps you understand what to expect when asked to participate in legal processes, how to prepare, and how to minimize your organization’s exposure to possible legal actions.
Most expert witness courses are taught by attorneys. Instead, Dr. Williams brings to the table practical, industry-related experience as an expert witness in more than 40 court actions. He will leverage the acumen he has gained to impart proper behavior to adhere to throughout the process, including ethical conduct, how to handle oneself under pressure, and the role of the expert witness as a non-advocate and servant of the court.
This course will enable you to represent yourself as a competent and knowledgeable expert witness who is in control, credible, and—most of all—unbiased.
Attendees can expect the discussion and education of the following learning objectives:
- Understand the procedures and psychology of the court process
- Feel prepared to deal with contradicting and confusing questions
- Know how to properly interact with your attorney, the opposing attorney, the judge, and the jury
- Learn how to confidently state opinions and conclusions in an understandable and defensible manner
Train Your Team
Get the whole team trained! We offer additional savings if you register as a group. For group pricing information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
* Presentations are scheduled for approximately 1 hour with a 15-20 minute question and answer session to follow. Presentation may exceed scheduled time.
* Each state and certification agency has different requirements; it is your responsibility to know what they are. Note that 1 PDH = 0.1 CEU.
* Purchase of this course allows you access to the presentation(s) for 6 months from the order date.