Today, billions of dollars are spent in the United States on stormwater management. In such a lucrative industry, it is crucial to leverage the most accurate tools and methods available.
And yet, the stormwater profession teaches its engineers to use pre-computer, simple techniques for sizing stormwater facilities. Why do we dumb down hydrology by perpetuating reliance on single-event hydrology to do our calculations?
Join Forester University and prolific speaker Douglas Beyerlein (PE, PH, D.WRE) for this live, educational webinar on better, more accurate hydrologic computational methods and the benefits of adapting this technology.
This course will explain why the assumptions involved in single-event hydrology are not appropriate, discuss problems that result from using oversimplified calculations methods, and detail continuous simulation hydrology—a better way to model hydrology and design stormwater facilities.
Programming Note: Mr. Beyerlein likes when things are 'done right'! Among his extensive Forester University catalog are also Bioretention Modeling Done Right, LID Done Right, and Stormwater Regulations Done Right—all of which are available on-demand. Collect them all to increase your knowledge and effectiveness!
Attendees can expect the discussion and education of the following learning objectives.
- Learn the key assumptions in single-event hydrology and why they are often wrong
- Discover the stormwater-related impacts of single-event hydrology’s incorrect key assumptions
- Identify the consequences of using outdated single-event hydrology
- Compare how continuous simulation is a superior methodology for modeling hydrology and sizing stormwater facilities
Train Your Team
Get the whole team trained! We offer additional savings if you register as a group. For group pricing information, contact us at email@example.com
* Presentations are scheduled for approximately one hour with a 15-20 minute question and answer session to follow. Presentation may exceed scheduled time.
* Each state and certification agency has different requirements; it is your responsibility to know what they are. Note that 1 PDH = 0.1 CEU.
* Purchase of this course allows you access to the presentation(s) for 6 months from the order date.