Many professionals will have opportunities to provide expert witness services in legal actions. Such employment offers not only monetary benefits but, more importantly, also provides a service to the community and a broadening of the professional’s experience.
Join Forester University for this live, educational webinar as returning speaker Glenn O. Brown (Ph.D., P.E.) summarizes the basics of expert witnessing for beginners while perhaps evoking a few considerations for experienced professionals.
Topics covered will include: the expert’s role, initial contact dynamics, contracting, fees and retainers, communication with attorneys, developing testimony, disclosures, depositions, court testimony and maintaining ethical standards.
Dr. Brown has acted as an engineering expert witness in a range of water resources topics over 30 years. Serving both plaintiffs and defendants, his cases have ranged from a few hours to multiyear efforts. One testimony supported the largest civil judgement in an environmental suit in Oklahoma history.
By participating in this webinar, attendees will:
- Know how to maintain ethical conduct as an expert witness
- Learn business practices to follow as an expert witness
- Understand how to develop and present effective expert testimony
Train Your Team
Get the whole team trained! We offer additional savings if you register as a group. For group pricing information, contact us at email@example.com
* Presentations are scheduled for approximately one hour with a 15-20 minute question and answer session to follow. Presentation may exceed scheduled time.
* Each state and certification agency has different requirements; it is your responsibility to know what they are. Note that 1 PDH = 0.1 CEU.
* Purchase of this course allows you access to the presentation(s) for 6 months from the order date.