The benefit of trees in our cities is beyond question for most urban design and planning professionals. When designed correctly, trees can efficiently and sustainably assist in managing stormwater through the reduction of runoff and the improvement of water quality. In fact, the implementation of sustainable drainage systems is now demanded by many authorities as a prerequisite of planning consideration.
But achieving healthy trees that will reach maturity in urban areas is still a burning question for many designers and specifiers, as the arboricultural needs of trees are often misunderstood or simply neglected. The good news, however, is that there are design techniques and best practices that can allow urban trees to thrive while protecting built infrastructure.
Join Forester University for this live, educational webinar as speaker Matthew Werle (Consultant at GreenBlue Urban) details these techniques and how trees can be successfully integrated into the urban environment.
Drawing from GreenBlue Urban’s 28 years of field experience, research from numerous monitored sites in conjunction with several universities and municipalities, and proven systems that have been used around the world for over 25 years, this course will examine the opportunities available for “high-performance trees.” Attendees will learn exactly what high-performance trees are, how to create them in urban spaces, and how they can be incorporated into stormwater management for truly sustainable urban landscapes.
Reviewing these real-life applications that have put these design techniques into practice will provide participants with a front-to-back perspective on utilizing trees for sustainable urban stormwater management and enable them to evaluate key parameters that must be considered in order to release the immense potential that trees offer as an invaluable asset to cities!
By participating in this webinar, attendees will:
- Learn how and why trees can play a vital role in managing stormwater
- Evaluate the different methods through which stormwater can be integrated into urban tree planting
- Understand how LID systems function in a tree planting application as well as how they are designed, installed, and monitored
- Review projects that have successfully incorporated urban tree planting into stormwater management
Train Your Team
Get the whole team trained! We offer additional savings if you register as a group. For group pricing information, contact us at email@example.com
* Presentations are scheduled for approximately one hour with a 15-20 minute question and answer session to follow. Presentation may exceed scheduled time.
* Each state and certification agency has different requirements; it is your responsibility to know what they are. Note that 1 PDH = 0.1 CEU.
* Purchase of this course allows you access to the presentation(s) for 6 months from the order date.