Not a day goes by without a landfill fire occurring somewhere in the world. In fact, major landfill fires are becoming more frequent in the industry, posing significant risks to landfill staff, first responders, and residents downwind of any facility.
In order to mitigate a landfill fire’s potential and impact, it is imperative for landfill managers and incident commanders to understand the risks before a fire erupts so they can be properly prepared during their initial response.
Join Forester University and returning speaker Dr. Tony Sperling, P.Eng.—a landfill engineer and fire control expert with over 20 years of experience—for this four-part webinar series investigating the mechanics of landfill fires as well as the key aspects, best techniques, and practical application of landfill fire control, containment, extinguishment, and risk reduction.
This comprehensive series is designed to teach municipal solid waste landfill managers, first responders unfamiliar with the nuances of garbage fires, and anyone dealing with potential landfill fires how to initiate a proper, site-specific response when faced with such an emergency. Throughout this series, we will examine real-life case studies of landfill fires to determine the challenges involved in the extinguishment of major fires, pinpoint the health and safety risks, and provide a roadmap for prevention and control.
This series includes these four one-hour presentations, each followed by a 15-20 minute question and answer session:
Sign up for this bundle to receive a built-in 20% discount on the entire series and earn 4 PDH / 0.4 CEU!
By participating in this webinar, attendees will:
- Become familiar with a proven, systematic approach to landfill fire suppression
- Understand the causes and mechanics of landfill fires in order to develop an effective early fire detection strategy for your facility
- Determine the best landfill fire control method for your site and how to navigate the incident command structure
- Examine the key ways in which landfill fires impact health and safety and learn how to protect first responders, equipment operators, and the community at large
- Explore the steps you can take to reduce the risk of a landfill fire and the fire safety audit process
Train Your Team
Get the whole team trained! We offer additional savings if you register as a group. For group pricing information, contact us at email@example.com
* Presentations are scheduled for approximately one hour with a 15-20 minute question and answer session to follow. Presentation may exceed scheduled time.
* Each state and certification agency has different requirements; it is your responsibility to know what they are. Note that 1 PDH = 0.1 CEU.
* Purchase of this course allows you access to the presentation(s) for 6 months from the order date.