Floating wetlands are a phenomenon that occurs in nature, though few people are exposed to them. But, through biomimicking nature, we can copy and harness this phenomenon to mitigate the cleanup of all types of water.
Floating treatment wetlands use a combination of man-made technologies and natural systems to biomimic floating islands, thus helping nature heal itself. This biomimicry creates a concentrated wetland effect, or a complex, living ecosystem that enables the capture and removal of nutrients—such as nitrogen and phosphorous—as well as fine and coarse sediments, including clay, metals, algae, and other toxins from both point and non-source pollutant loadings.
Join Forester University for this live, educational webinar as speaker DeAna Vitela-Hayashi, CEO of AquaBio Environmental Technologies, provides an in-depth overview of the history and application of floating treatment wetlands. She will demonstrate how using this passive technology incurs less energy and alteration of surrounding landscapes or waterscapes while enhancing a site’s ability to sequester, uptake, and degrade many types of pollutants.
This course will enable you to examine the design and manufacturing of floating wetlands as well as design constraints that need to be considered to ensure maximum treatment efficiency.
Attendees can expect the discussion and education of the following learning objectives:
- Compare how floating treatment wetlands perform wastewater/stormwater treatment versus constructed wetlands
- Discover standard and unique applications and designs of floating treatment wetlands
- Learn how bioremediation and phyotoremediation operate on floating treatment wetlands
- Know what to take into consideration when designing a floating treatment wetland
Train Your Team
Get the whole team trained! We offer additional savings if you register as a group. For group pricing information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
* Presentations are scheduled for approximately 1 hour with a 15-20 minute question and answer session to follow. Presentation may exceed scheduled time.
* Each state and certification agency has different requirements; it is your responsibility to know what they are. Note that 1 PDH = 0.1 CEU.
* Purchase of this course allows you access to the presentation(s) for 6 months from the order date.