In its more than decade-long use as an extension of low-impact development (LID), green stormwater infrastructure (GSI) has been both a success and a failure for local stormwater programs. So, what makes certain GSI programs more successful than others?
One of the things that has been of great assistance to those pursuing GSI programs is a deep understanding of the foundations of GSI; a look behind the curtain. What is it and, more importantly, what isn’t it? What is volume-based stormwater, and how does it work? What makes GSI “tricky?” Is it the answer to flooding and resiliency (what?!)? Why do some not like GSI, and what can I do about that?
Join Forester University for this live, educational webinar as returning speaker and internationally recognized stormwater expert Andy Reese, P.E., LEED AP, D.WRE, provides a high-level overview of GSI. This course will discuss and frame exactly what GSI is (and what it’s not), what is driving local GSI programs, and how this information can help modify your local program. It will also detail ways to jumpstart and fund a successful GSI program.
Whether you are new to GSI or already an experienced practitioner—or even if you have taken previous iterations of this webinar—you will be sure to gain practical insights that support your everyday efforts!
Attendees can expect the discussion and education of the following learning objectives:
- Define GSI and understand why it has become so popular
- Learn the current state-of-the-art methods used in GSI
- Know the advantages and disadvantages of GSI
- Explore the key components of a comprehensive local GSI program and how to fund it
Train Your Team
Get the whole team trained! We offer additional savings if you register as a group. For group pricing information, contact us at email@example.com
* Presentations are scheduled for approximately 1 hour with a 15-20 minute question and answer session to follow. Presentation may exceed scheduled time.
* Each state and certification agency has different requirements; it is your responsibility to know what they are. Note that 1 PDH = 0.1 CEU.
* Purchase of this course allows you access to the presentation(s) for 6 months from the order date.