The value of trees goes far beyond their aesthetic appeal and even their air-quality and energy-saving benefits. And yet, they are often overlooked as an important stormwater management method. A significant reason for this oversight has been a lack of comprehensive, reliable guidance and specifications backed by research on how, where, and when trees can be used.
But we are here to help!
OKI—in partnership with the US Forest Service, Davey Resource Group, the National Association of Regional Councils, and Centerline Strategies, LLC—has developed a new tool to enable community planners, engineers, and policymakers alike to better capitalize on trees when investing or reinvesting in their stormwater systems. This tool unleashes new and innovative approaches for realizing the full capacity of trees as a component of our communities’ infrastructure systems and improving regional resiliency.
Join Forester University for this live, educational webinar as speakers David Rutter and Jennifer Gulick discuss how OKI’s web-based guide can help local communities and stormwater managers build a case and develop a plan for how to incorporate trees into their stormwater management portfolios.
We know that case studies are only valuable if they are relevant to your unique situation, which is why this tool features case studies in all climatic regions and community types of the United States.
This course will detail how this tool and its resources provide evidence that integrating trees into stormwater management works. While its focus is on stormwater benefits, the guide also devotes special attention to resources demonstrating the multiple levels of investment returns.
By participating in this webinar, attendees will:
- Navigate the TreesAndStormwater.org guide
- Evaluate sites where trees can be incorporated into stormwater management
- Discuss the multiple benefits of trees
- Create a document that can be shared with local decision-makers identifying how trees can be incorporated into their local stormwater management program
Train Your Team
Get the whole team trained! We offer additional savings if you register as a group. For group pricing information, contact us at email@example.com
* Presentations are scheduled for approximately one hour with a 15-20 minute question and answer session to follow. Presentation may exceed scheduled time.
* Each state and certification agency has different requirements; it is your responsibility to know what they are. Note that 1 PDH = 0.1 CEU.
* Purchase of this course allows you access to the presentation(s) for 6 months from the order date.