Affecting many parts of the world, especially coastal areas, flooding is becoming more epidemic as time goes on. As we watch weather forecasts showing continuous 100-year flood events being reached each year, there is an increasingly urgent need to take preparation measures that can reduce the impacts of these damaging floods.
But which methods are low-cost and achieve flood control in an efficient, expedient manner?
Join Forester University for this live, educational webinar with speaker Rod Tyler, President of Green Horizons Environmental LLC. He will discuss how some technologies—like dikes, or temporary barriers—can work when built with materials on site.
Areas of concern for flooding include power control stations, water pumping stations, and other infrastructure that is critical for a healthy and thriving society. Namely, highways as well as access roads to islands, peninsulas, and other coastal wetland areas are often impeded by rising sea levels and then eventually breached by catastrophic flooding. Targeting these areas with regular budgetary installations of flood prevention barriers can assist with reducing damage from these events.
By participating in this webinar, attendees will:
- Learn how sourcing materials locally can keep costs down
- Identify useful equipment that is available in all areas of the country from most rental centers
- Explore how the use of common items, like sandbags, in conjunction with efficient filling equipment speeds up preparation for impending weather events
- Discuss long-term strategies, such as permanent plantings, that act as dikes/berms for diverting water during surge storm events
Train Your Team
Get the whole team trained! We offer additional savings if you register as a group. For group pricing information, contact us at email@example.com
* Presentations are scheduled for approximately one hour with a 15-20 minute question and answer session to follow. Presentation may exceed scheduled time.
* Each state and certification agency has different requirements; it is your responsibility to know what they are. Note that 1 PDH = 0.1 CEU.
* Purchase of this course allows you access to the presentation(s) for 6 months from the order date.