Drainage problems arising from increasing levels of urbanization have exacerbated the limitations of conventional surface water drainage measures. However, this has created endless possibilities when it comes to turning stormwater runoff into an opportunity rather than a hindrance.
Namely, street trees can be essential components of stormwater management in urban areas. In fact, using urban trees as green infrastructure for our cities is arguably the most sustainable stormwater management solution available. Specifically designed urban tree pit systems can effectively and sustainably mitigate stormwater challenges and significantly reduce the velocity and flow rate of surface water runoff. They help cities meet required discharge rates while filtering out harmful pollutants and contaminants carried in surface water.
Join Forester University and speaker Jeremy Bailey for this live, educational webinar as we examine the opportunities available for integrating stormwater management into urban tree planting for truly sustainable urban landscapes. Bailey’s presentation will draw from GreenBlue Urban’s 25 years of field experience in conjunction with world-renowned researchers, such as the University of Abertay Dundee.
This course will provide attendees with a broad understanding of the latest techniques and design strategies for utilizing street trees for managing stormwater. Global and regional case studies and success stories will be used to illustrate the capabilities and sustainability potential of such schemes.
If you are a civil engineer or landscape architect looking to turn knowledge into practice for your urban streetscape designs or a policymaker looking to use statistics and information to expand and improve your sustainable stormwater initiatives, then this class is for you!
By participating in this webinar, attendees will:
- Learn about options for integrating stormwater management with urban tree planting when designing landscapes
- Explore how stormwater utilized with tree planting benefits landscapes and infrastructure
- Discover what is being achieved on a global scale using these types of systems and designs to create sustainable infrastructure
Train Your Team
Get the whole team trained! We offer additional savings if you register as a group. For group pricing information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
* Presentations are scheduled for approximately one hour with a 15-20 minute question and answer session to follow. Presentation may exceed scheduled time.
* Each state and certification agency has different requirements; it is your responsibility to know what they are. Note that 1 PDH = 0.1 CEU.
* Purchase of this course allows you access to the presentation(s) for 6 months from the order date.