As a stormwater community, we have for years relied upon common urban stormwater hydrologic design methodologies and trusted their results. But, should we? Join returning speaker Andy Reese as he exposes the black box of urban hydrology. In this webinar, Andy will (with his normal humor) “lay bare” the popular urban stormwater methodologies, as well as their key elements, assumptions, most common misuses, and proper application.
Urban hydrology, including newer Green Infrastructure sizing approaches, as commonly practiced, is an inexact science at best. If we were omniscient, we could do an exact job of urban hydrology. Instead, we rely on engineering judgment and guesswork, ultimately striking a compromise between accuracy and data availability, and resulting in an answer that is close to correct. As such, understanding the inner workings of the black boxes and unstated assumptions inherent in urban stormwater hydrology that we commonly use (e.g., computer packages) is essential to ensure proper application.
Join Andy in exploring the inner workings of some of the most popular urban stormwater methodologies, as well as their common misuse and misapplications. He will include a discussion of proposed changes to the age-old SCS Method and describe a newer approach to Water Quality design. Through discussion of the associated elements and pitfalls, you will gain a comprehensive understanding of urban stormwater hydrologic methods and their proper application to employ in your urban stormwater hydrologic design.
If you are a stormwater plans reviewer, compliance officer, design engineer, consultant manager, professor, or attorney, this course is for you!
Attendees can expect the discussion and education of the following learning objectives:
- Understand common urban stormwater hydrologic methodologies and elements.
- Understand the basis for common urban stormwater hydrologic methodologies.
- Understand the key assumptions, pitfalls, and common misuse and misapplication of urban stormwater hydrologic methodologies.
- Understand the limits of these methods, and the keys to successful application.
Train Your Team
Get the whole team trained! We offer additional savings if you register as a group. For group pricing information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
* Presentations are scheduled for approximately one hour with a 15-20 minute question and answer session to follow. Presentation may exceed scheduled time.
* Each state and certification agency has different requirements; it is your responsibility to know what they are. Note that 1 PDH = 0.1 CEU.
* Purchase of this course allows you access to the presentation(s) for 6 months from the order date.