Sponsored by: HOMER Energy
The electric power industry has a long history of developing large projects, where each project is custom designed by professional engineers. While this approach is sensible for large projects, it is prohibitively expensive for smaller projects. Because distributed energy projects are inherently smaller, they need something different and more efficient.
The solution is a three-phase development process.
Join Forester University for this free educational webinar led by microgrid expert Dr. Peter Lilienthal, HOMER Energy Founder and CEO, as he explains the three phases of microgrid development and discusses the methods and tools available for improving project development efficiency.
This course will cover in detail the three phases of microgrid development, why an efficient development process is important for distributed energy projects, how to make informed decisions based on site-measured data and specific equipment options, and how to move a project forward even when the data is uncertain.
Attendees can expect the discussion and education of the following learning objectives:
- Explain the three phases of the microgrid project development process
- Articulate why an efficient development process is important for microgrid and distributed energy projects
- Describe how to use site-measured data and specific equipment options to make informed decisions
- Discuss the methods and tools available for improving project development efficiency
- Explain how to move a project forward when the data is still uncertain
Founded in 2009 by Peter Lilienthal, Ph.D., and Marilyn Walker, Ph.D., Boulder, Colorado-based HOMER Energy is the developer and distributor of HOMER software, including HOMER Pro and HOMER Grid. With over 150,000 users in more than 190 countries, HOMER software is the global standard for microgrid decision analysis and feasibility studies. HOMER Energy provides software, training, and consulting services that identify how to build cost-effective and reliable microgrids that combine conventional and renewable power, storage, and load management. You can learn more about HOMER Energy by visiting homerenergy.com.
Train Your Team
Get the whole team trained! We offer additional savings if you register as a group. For group pricing information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
* Presentations are scheduled for approximately one hour with a 15-20 minute question and answer session to follow. Presentation may exceed scheduled time.
* Each state and certification agency has different requirements; it is your responsibility to know what they are. Note that 1 PDH = 0.1 CEU.
* Purchase of this course allows you access to the presentation(s) for 6 months from the order date.