Collection workers are on the front lines of the waste management industry. They do a difficult and stressful job in the midst of heavy traffic and work with dangerous and heavy equipment all day. It’s no surprise that waste collections is ranked as the 5th most dangerous job in the United States-ahead of policemen and miners.
Join Forester University for this educational webinar with returning presenter Neal Bolton, who will discuss common risks associated with waste collections, the importance of regular safety training, and how standard operating procedures are crucial to improving safety and increasing efficiency.
Collection drivers are under immense pressure to perform their routes quickly and safely and may take shortcuts in an attempt to maintain a high level of efficiency. There are any number of distractions, including technology like cell phones, heavy traffic, and repetitive stops. Drivers spend a large percentage of their time backing up and have to do their job while watching out for pedestrians, drivers, children, bicyclists, and overhead dangers.
The rate of accidents and fatalities among waste collection drivers is high. While campaigns and catchy slogans like, “Slow Down to Get Around” can be helpful, there is a need for a more comprehensive approach to training and operational procedures.
Attendees can expect the discussion and education of the following learning objectives.
- Common risks that collection drivers face on their daily routes
- Why regular, practical training is crucial to improving safety
- The importance of updated comprehensive training and operational documents
- Why standard operating procedures must be a part of collections operationt
Train Your Team
Get the whole team trained! We offer additional savings if you register as a group. For group pricing information, contact us at email@example.com
* Presentations are scheduled for approximately one hour with a 15-20 minute question and answer session to follow. Presentation may exceed scheduled time.
* Each state and certification agency has different requirements; it is your responsibility to know what they are. Note that 1 PDH = 0.1 CEU.
* Purchase of this course allows you access to the presentation(s) for 6 months from the order date.