In 2017, there were 132 fatalities in the solid waste industry. Over 70% of those fatalities involved customers or member of the public. Customers visit a waste facility with little to no awareness of the risks related to heavy equipment, scavenging, and traffic flow. In other words, most customers receive no safety training. Members of the public are unaware of the dangers involved when speeding around a collection truck or biking into a truck’s blind spot. At transfer stations and MRFs, customers might have to dump trash over an edge or into a compactor and might be tempted to scavenge in the waste for reusable items.
Join returning speaker and expert in the development of safety programs, Kasem Cornelius., for this webinar Reducing High-Risk Situations – Safety Training for Waste Facility Customers.
In this webinar, Cornelius will discuss the statistics on customer-related accidents and fatalities, how to develop a customer safety training program, the various tools you can utilize to educate customers, and how increasing safety education can lead to improvements in operations and safety at your facility.
A comprehensive safety education program can reduce accidents and fatalities among customers and keep your crew and equipment safe. In today’s technology-driven world, there are lots of options to reach your customers. The key is to develop an integrated strategy, create specific goals, and use the channels your customers use.
Attendees can expect the discussion and education of the following learning objectives.
- Review statistics on customer-related accidents and fatalities
- Discuss how to develop a customer safety training program
- Identify tools and methods you can use to educate customers
- Demonstrate how increasing safety education leads to operations and safety improvements at your facility
Train Your Team
Get the whole team trained! We offer additional savings if you register as a group. For group pricing information, contact us at email@example.com
* Presentations are scheduled for approximately one hour with a 15-20 minute question and answer session to follow. Presentation may exceed scheduled time.
* Each state and certification agency has different requirements; it is your responsibility to know what they are. Note that 1 PDH = 0.1 CEU.
* Purchase of this course allows you access to the presentation(s) for 6 months from the order date.