Sponsored by: busybusy
Job costing in the construction industry has always been a challenge, to say the least. Project managers are often unsure of whether they’ve made a profit on a job until it’s over—and maybe even 3–6 months after that. Because of such job costing challenges, cost codes and daily reports are on the upward trend. But while both of these tools are powerful in theory, in practice they’re difficult to implement, which can lead to the misappropriation of activity and paperwork that doesn’t paint an accurate picture of what happened.
So what’s the solution? How can you know each day whether or not you're running a profitable project?
Listen in to our FREE webinar led by project implementation specialist Troy Guevara as we explore how to effectively use cost codes and daily reports to gather and track daily activities and progress, as well as the six-step strategy for successful implementation.
We’ll kick off this online training webinar by overviewing the current state of job costing in the construction industry as well as the elements, challenges, and opportunities of cost codes and daily progress reports. Within this discussion, we’ll examine how cost codes and reports are used to measure the daily cost and productivity of a job site, but when used incorrectly, they can lead to the misappropriation of activity and associated costs and provide bad data when it comes time for project review. We’ll then take a look at how you can streamline the process of daily reporting and collecting job site cost-code data. In particular, we’ll explore available tools for cost coding and daily reporting that allow you to quickly calculate the cost and profit of a job site on any given day, track GPS locations of employees and other daily activities, and document daily progress. We’ll wrap up the presentation by walking through the six-step strategy that has been used by hundreds of construction companies to set up and implement new technology.
- Understand why cost codes are so important to the daily reporting of a construction business, and how to get your team to use them.
- Understand the power of daily reporting and how to collect data your business can use.
- Understand how to streamline the process of collecting job site cost-code data and daily reporting.
- Understand the six-step process to get your team to adopt technology.
Created by contractors for contractors, the busybusy mobile time tracking app automates time and GPS labor tracking, job costing and documentation. Mobile time tracking in the cloud allows construction crews to clock in and out through their iOS and Android devices in addition to any web browser. With busybusy, smartphones become advanced management tools simplifying and automating the process of tracking time, documenting project progress, and monitoring project information.
Learn more at: https://busybusy.com/
* Presentations are scheduled for approximately one hour with a 15-20 minute question and answer session to follow. Presentation may exceed scheduled time.
* Each state and certification agency has different requirements; it is your responsibility to know what they are.
Note that 1 PDH = 0.1 CEU.