"It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it."
Fake news has become a highly debated topic as the spread of rumors and misinformation has heightened distrust in the news, public entities, and more recently in water and wastewater utilities. Yet, many utilities today are in dire need of rate, technological, and other changes that customers must shoulder. Asking them to bear a rate increase or the inconvenience of infrastructure upgrades requires something that is slowly gained and quickly lost: public trust.
So how can you earn goodwill with your customers in the era of fake news when public trust remains low?
Join returning speaker Melanie Goetz, MBA, for a timely, interactive webinar outlining the simple ways your water or wastewater utility can thrive in a sea of rumors, myths, and fake news by earning the public’s trust.
Specifically, this live and on-demand, hands-on webinar will detail strategies your water or wastewater utility can implement today to overcome the elusive nature of gaining the public’s trust and streamlining the process of securing infrastructure upgrades. Within this discussion, we’ll break down pitfalls of billing statements, websites, and other channels that can cripple support for the changes needed to efficiently and effectively provide your services. We’ll follow this up with tangible solutions and specific, real-life examples of how to earn and lose customer trust, use communication tools to change public perception, and use antidotes to remedy fake news.
By completion of this webinar, attendees will have learned and discussed how to:
- Gain trust through actions and words.
- Dispel myths, avoid rumors, and deal with fake news.
- Persuade an audience with an opposing viewpoint.
- Unite with the public and invite them in.
- Message out customer trust.
* Presentations are scheduled for approximately one hour with a 15-20 minute question and answer session to follow. Presentation may exceed scheduled time.
* Each state and certification agency has different requirements; it is your responsibility to know what they are. Note that 1 PDH = 0.1 CEU.
* Purchase of this course allows you access to the presentation(s) for 6 months from the order date.