While continuous simulation has been around for decades and is accepted as the future of stormwater modeling, our engineering practices and choice of modeling tools have been anything but standardized. With all the models out there today, what’s the most accurate way to do continuous simulation? Using the EPA’s Hydrological Simulation Program – Fortran (HSPF), everything from a single acre (and smaller) to an entire watershed can be modeled.
Join returning speaker and stormwater modeling pioneer, Doug Beyerlein, for our live and on-demand HSPF Hydrology Master Class Series exploring how to model stormwater using the most advanced and accurate methods with HSPF hydrology. Specifically, we’ll examine how HSPF computes and routes runoff components (surface runoff, interflow, and groundwater) through a variety of stormwater facilities and open channel systems.
Focusing on HSPF model theory, algorithms, input parameters, and appropriate parameter values, we’ll discuss how you can effectively set up and calibrate a HSPF model, deal with meteorological time series inputs, generate appropriate output, and solve stormwater problems.
This advanced, online master class series includes four one-hour presentations, each followed by a 15-20-minute question and answer session focusing on the following topics:
Attendees can expect the discussion and education of the following learning objectives.
- Learn how continuous simulation hydrology is fundamentally different than single-event methods.
- Learn the importance of time series data in hydrologic modeling calculations.
- Learn how the 17 HSPF hydrologic parameters work to represent different aspects of the hydrologic cycle and the computation of different runoff components.
- Learn how to calibrate an HSPF model to represent local conditions.
- Learn how to use the HSPF input and output to solve stormwater problems.
Train Your Team
Get the whole team trained! We offer additional savings if you register as a group. For group pricing information, contact us at email@example.com
* Presentations are scheduled for approximately one hour with a 15-20 minute question and answer session to follow. Presentation may exceed scheduled time.
* Each state and certification agency has different requirements; it is your responsibility to know what they are. Note that 1 PDH = 0.1 CEU.
* Purchase of this course allows you access to the presentation(s) for 6 months from the order date.