Course 1 - Grow Green and Save Blue - Optimizing Outdoor Water Conservation
Water conservation can be a challenge, and just the concept of conservation can strike fear into the hearts of those preferring lush green landscapes over rocks, cacti, and synthetics. If you are considering an outdoor program in your area or are dealing with similar challenges, join EPA WaterSense 2010 Irrigation Partner of the Year, Judith Benson, to explore water conservation methods and irrigation system efficiency techniques.
Join Benson to find out what others have in their water conservation toolbox as we review successful water efficiency programs nation-wide. Through discussion, gain insight into program development, site assessment, and monitoring data, plus tips for picking the best management practices in your area. We’ll also discuss recommendations for implementing an outdoor plan and explore ways to take advantage of utility programs.
Our goal is to provide you with useful information in implementing an outdoor water conservation program or expanding offerings to your region. Outdoor water use can be complicated. We’ll share insights into current technology and management of these systems that can provide relatively immediate relief in lowering outdoor water consumption.
Webcast attendees can expect the discussion and education of the following learning objectives.
- Soil-Plant-Water Relationship
- Advanced Technology
- Best Management Practices
- Outdoor Water Conservation Programs
- Data Monitoring and Sharing
Course 2 - Beyond the Drip - Improving Indoor Water Efficiency, Planning, and Implementation
While saving water outdoors may be easy to spot (e.g., water running down the sidewalk), indoor savings are often less obvious. While less obvious, with the right knowledge and tools, indoor water savings can be easy to identify (and just as valuable to your pocketbook).
Join industry experts Paul Lander, Ph.D., ASLA, LEED AP and Troy Aichele, LEED AP (O+M) to explore the key elements, variables, and the importance of indoor water conservation and savings within your conservation plan, as well as how to develop, implement, monitor, and maintain an effective indoor water savings plan. Additionally, learn the step-by-step process to perform a water audit, calculate your payback period, and select replacement fixtures, as well as how to develop and manage your maintenance plan to maximize your ROI short and long-term.
Paul Lander will open our discussion with an exploration of the concepts behind indoor water conservation, the difference between appropriate water use and water waste, and the connection between the water savings and energy savings. Building on this foundation, Troy Aichele will lead you through his personalized step-by-step process of how to perform a water audit, including contacting the customer, auditing a facility or residence, the tools required, the associated rebates, and most importantly how to calculate your payback period. We will also discuss how to pick appropriate replacement fixtures and appliances to maximize ROI, and gain an understanding of Watersense labels—where they come from, how they are obtained and what they mean to you. Finally, as monitoring and maintenance are essential to the success of upgrades, Paul Lander will discuss how to develop, implement, monitor, and maintain your new indoor water conservation plan so that your water efficiency efforts are maximized and calculated payback periods achieved (or surpassed!).
Attendees can expect the discussion and education of the following learning objectives:
- Why indoor water conservation is important, and what elements and variables are involved (e.g. water, waste, energy)
- How to conduct your own indoor water audit and calculate water efficiency improvement paybacks
- About Watersense labels and what they mean on plumbing fixtures and appliances
- How to develop, implement, monitor and maintain an indoor water conservation plan
* Presentations are scheduled for approximately one hour with a 15–20 minute question and answer session to follow. Presentation may exceed scheduled time.
* Each state and certification agency has different requirements; it is your responsibility to know what they are. Note that 1 PDH = 0.1 CEU.
* Purchase of this special allows you access to the presentations for 6 months from the order date.