Produced by US Composting Council
Moving beyond the concept of Best Management Practices (BMPs) to truly Sustainable Management Practices (SMPs) in the stormwater management industry is paramount to providing high-performance, long-term solutions that rely on natural mechanisms. Natural capital (i.e. organic matter) is the stock material within the environment that provides free ecosystem services—including biofiltration, water conservation, and waste reduction—and has been valued at more than $33 trillion/year globally.
Join returning speaker Dr. Britt Faucette for a live and on-demand training webinar examining how natural capital such as compost can turn a Best Management Practice into a Sustainable Management Practice in stormwater applications; the scientific research that is helping to quantify this; and how compost-based Sustainable Management Practices are applied in real projects - and saving real dollars at the same time.
In this US Composting Council webinar hosted by Forester University, we’ll walk through compost-based Sustainable Management Practices that build ecosystem services in stormwater applications to maintain our economic, environmental, and human health. We’ll discuss how the effective management of natural capital maximizes ecosystem services and benefits (e.g. stormwater reduction and biofiltration, carbon footprint reduction, water conservation, and waste reduction) while reducing cost at the same time.
Attendees can expect the discussion and education of the following learning objectives:
- Explore how compost is utilized in sustainable stormwater management applications.
- Understand how compost can build and enhance ecosystem services such as carbon reduction, water conservation, runoff reduction, and waste reduction.
- Examine how scientific research is being used to quantify these stormwater and ecosystem benefits.
- Learn how to design a site exclusively with compost-based Sustainable Management Practices.
The USCC is a national, non-profit trade and professional organization promoting the recycling of organic materials through composting. The USCC is the only national organization committed to the advancement of the composting industry. To learn more, visit www.compostingcouncil.org.
Train Your Team
Get the whole team trained! We offer additional savings if you register as a group. For group pricing information, contact us at email@example.com
* Presentations are scheduled for approximately one hour with a 15-20 minute question and answer session to follow. Presentation may exceed scheduled time.
* Each state and certification agency has different requirements; it is your responsibility to know what they are. Note that 1 PDH = 0.1 CEU.
* Purchase of this course allows you access to the presentation(s) for 6 months from the order date.