The Netherlands have coped with coastal erosion challenges for centuries. What lessons can we take from their experience? The benefits of allowing nature to run its course when designing coastal erosion control BMPs. And while this toolbox has significantly evolved...it’s ever expanding.
Join Peter Hanrahan, CPESC, for the second session of our 3-part Stemming the Tide: Rising Seas and Coastal Erosion Control Master Class Series to examine the practices and technology that have been developed to meet the challenges of eroding coastlines and property loss. Through real-world examples and images from the United States to the Netherlands, we’ll dive into the evolution, advantages and limitations, and design and installation of various coastal erosion control solutions.
This online training webinar will focus heavily on defensive vs. offensive coastal erosion control solutions, practical uses, before-and-after deployment, and case histories. The coastal erosion control topics we’ll cover include everything from dune, rock, and barrier beach restoration, to salt marsh and marine nourishment. Throughout this discussion, we’ll cover a wide array of specific coastal erosion control solutions (e.g. gabions, marine mattresses, wave attenuation devices, etc.), installation techniques (e.g. drilling, anchoring, grading, etc.), and the recreation of natural geology through real-world examples.
Attendees can expect the discussion and education of the following learning objectives.
- Understand the principles and benefits of mimicking nature in coastal erosion control design.
- Examine the traditional responses to coastal erosion.
- Develop a clear line of thinking regarding defensive vs. offensive coastal erosion control solutions.
- Evaluate the latest technology and best management practices (BMPs) for coastal erosion control.
Train Your Team
Get the whole team trained! We offer additional savings if you register as a group. For group pricing information, contact us at email@example.com
* Presentations are scheduled for approximately one hour with a 15-20 minute question and answer session to follow. Presentation may exceed scheduled time.
* Each state and certification agency has different requirements; it is your responsibility to know what they are. Note that 1 PDH = 0.1 CEU.
* Purchase of this course allows you access to the presentation(s) for 6 months from the order date.