Sponsored by: In-Situ Inc.
Data from continuous water quality monitoring networks inform critical activities across every sector of the surface water industry today, from meeting federal and state water quality standards and ensuring safe recreational waters, to researching and managing the effects of climate change. As such, continuous water quality monitoring networks must produce results that meet the data quality objectives for a given program while operating within the constraints of limited human resources and budgets.
Until now, however, deploying and cost-effectively maintaining an autonomous monitoring network has been limited by lack of advancements in sensor technology. Join David A. Bossie for a free online training webinar exploring how innovations in water quality sensor design are challenging old beliefs about the ability of autonomous, long-term monitoring networks to produce representative, comparable data at a price point within reach of most organizations.
Specifically, we’ll learn how you can operate pH sensors hands-free for months that previously required calibration every 1-2 weeks. We’ll see how turbidity sensor accuracy is no longer worrisome due to improved linearity across the range of 0-4000 NTU, and how the use of LEDs and filters provide stability not found with incandescent light sources. Finally, we’ll explore how you can deploy conductivity sensors in biofouling environments without loss of accuracy thanks to an innovative, open-faced design that allows wiping.
Attendees can expect the discussion and education of the following learning objectives:
- Learn how limitations of existing technologies in continuous water quality-monitoring networks affect data quality and network maintenance costs.
- Explore how the evolution of the pH sensor design results in improved stability, data quality and reduced calibration frequency.
- Discover how improved turbidity sensor design increases linearity and accuracy in clear and high sediment environments.
- Examine how improved conductivity sensor design coupled with anti-fouling systems improves performance in high biofouling environments.
In-Situ Inc. designs, manufactures, and rents water quantity and quality instrumentation for groundwater, surface water, and coastal waters. Known for innovating top-quality water monitoring equipment, they also provide a full-solution offering for decision-quality data via easy integration with telemetry and data services.
For nearly 40 years, In-Situ products have provided accurate results and reliable operation in harsh monitoring conditions. Applications include aquifer characterization, mining, oil/gas, remediation, aquaculture, and more.
In-Situ offers world-class technical support 24/7 through a global network of regional offices and distributors, and is headquartered in Fort Collins, Colo., USA.
Learn more at: https://in-situ.com
* Presentations are scheduled for approximately one hour with a 15-20 minute question and answer session to follow. Presentation may exceed scheduled time.
* Each state and certification agency has different requirements; it is your responsibility to know what they are. Note that 1 PDH = 0.1 CEU.
* Purchase of this course allows you access to the presentation(s) for 6 months from the order date.