A major struggle for all stormwater managers is developing an adequate stormwater treatment practice maintenance program…on a budget. After all, maintenance can be complex AND costly. So, how can we design and budget for sustainable maintenance that improves the performance AND extends the life of your stormwater treatments?
Join returning speaker and author Andrew Erickson to explore the best practices in stormwater treatment maintenance design, implementation, and budgeting, as well as real-world data and examples of what works (and doesn't).
In this online training webinar, we'll start with a look at the critical need for proper stormwater treatment maintenance, as well as the challenges (complexity, cost, etc.) and opportunities (longevity, performance, etc.). Erickson will present real-world data from a survey of municipalities regarding stormwater treatment maintenance (e.g., practices, frequency, effort, and cost), illustrating the current status quo for maintenance activities. Then, we’ll discuss how municipalities and other responsible entities can improve planning of their maintenance programs. Erickson will outline the three types of stormwater treatment maintenance (routine, non-routine, & major) and how preventative maintenance can limit or possibly prevent major maintenance. Erickson will illustrate how you can use visual inspection methods to select and schedule the best maintenance type for each of your stormwater treatment practices. Examples of common maintenance activities and estimated frequency of occurrence will also be presented. Erickson will then share a case study of innovative maintenance techniques that resulted in little to no damage or restoration, and thus significant cost and time savings. We'll also look at budgeting for each type of maintenance and how you can best plan and budget for long-term sustainable performance of your practices. And finally, we’ll discuss the resulting recommendations, and the rules of thumb to help you design a maintenance program that fits your performance goals and budget.
Attendees can expect the discussion and education of the following learning objectives.
- Understand the critical need, challenges, and opportunities of maintenance.
- Learn how to select the best maintenance activity, when it should be done, and expected level of effort.
- Understand the budget pitfalls and how you can cost-effectively budget for long-term sustainable maintenance.
- Gain real-world examples and data, best practices, and rules of thumb for effective maintenance design & budgeting.
Train Your Team
Get the whole team trained! We offer additional savings if you register as a group. For group pricing information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
* Presentations are scheduled for approximately one hour with a 15-20 minute question and answer session to follow. Presentation may exceed scheduled time.
* Each state and certification agency has different requirements; it is your responsibility to know what they are. Note that 1 PDH = 0.1 CEU.
* Purchase of this course allows you access to the presentation(s) for 6 months from the order date.