In real estate development, much of what we know and believe is based on our experience accumulated over years of undertaking different projects. This is a great way to learn, but, unfortunately, the tuition can be very expensive. Have you ever said, “I wish I knew then, what I know now”?
Join Rod Johnston for a free, live and on-demand webinar, exploring how an owner or project manager can build a better project with less cost, time, and hassle by focusing on the inner workings of land development. From an owner’s perspective, project owners, consultants, builders, and government authorities will obtain a global, more advanced understanding of what drives land planning, design, and engineering in preparation for site construction.
This webinar will act as an introduction to speaker Roderick Johnston’s book, Preparing Projects for Site Construction: Smart Practices for Profitable Land Development and to our upcoming master class series, Choosing Consultants for Profitable Land Development. We’ll look at a multitude of topics in land development and how to perform them in the most efficient, logical, and least expensive way without sacrificing quality, including:
- Choosing Consultants
- Early Logistics
- Rules of Measurement and Control
- Fire Control Planning
- Route Analysis
- Slope Analysis and Manipulation
- Developing Plans and Specifications
- Site Work Cost Estimating
Attendees can expect the discussion and education of the following learning objectives.
- Understand what drives land planning, design, and engineering in preparation for site construction.
- Learn how to build a better project with less cost, time, and hassle.
- Understand the different activities within the sphere of site-work planning, design, and engineering.
- Identify ways you can save money at different times in the site-construction process.
* Presentations are scheduled for approximately one hour with a 15-20 minute question and answer session to follow. Presentation may exceed scheduled time.
* Each state and certification agency has different requirements; it is your responsibility to know what they are. Note that 1 PDH = 0.1 CEU.
* Purchase of this course allows you access to the presentation(s) for 6 months from the order date.