Few decisions affect site work more than choice of consultants, the size of the consulting firm, its relative experience, and its strength of personnel. How can you narrow the list of potential land development consultants and evaluate their roles relative to site-work?
Join Rod Johnston for our 5-part master class series, which includes a free first webinar, as we examine the process of evaluating land development consultants, their roles, as well as the finer points of what to consider when selecting and hiring consultants to increase the odds of greater profitability.
From a practical standpoint, we will scrutinize each component of choosing the right consultant for a specific project with fresh perspectives and time-tested logic. From an owner’s perspective, project owners, consultants, builders and government authorities will obtain a global, more advanced understanding of what drives consultant selection in preparation for site construction. Material covered will terminate just short of choosing contractors for site construction. Simply put, this stuff is not taught in school.
This Master Class Series consists of five one-hour, live and on-demand, presentations and Q&A sessions focusing on the following topics. Each topic builds off of each other and the first session is free for you.
- On-Demand: Introduction to Smart Practices for Profitable Land Development
Join us for this free webinar that covers the rudiments of raw land development from conception through design. An invaluable webinar for not only project managers in charge of site development and preparation, but also for any owner who must assemble a team and provide overall leadership for a project.
- On-Demand: Overview of Consultants Typical to Land Development
Gain an understanding of the consultants typically used in land development. Specifically, we'll cover how different consultants fit sequentially during the stages of due diligence, planning, design, and activity flow.
- On-Demand: Request for Information (RFI) and Request for Proposal (RFP) Documentation
This session of our master class will spotlight RFIs and RFPs and what to consider when seeking the right consultant to complete your grading and site-work plans. We'll also begin to cover alternatives for hiring a firm or entity to coordinate your consultants and manage site-construction.
- On-Demand: Pros and Cons of Hiring Outside Firms to Coordinate Consultants
We'll continue our discussion from the previous session by delving into the pros and cons of hiring various entities to coordinate consultants and manage onsite development. We’ll examine the strengths and weaknesses of various consultant disciplines as they apply to overlapping responsibilities, teamwork, and project stress.
- On-Demand: Consulting Contracts, Insurance, and Billings
The final session of our master class will provide a broad overview of consultant contracts, including: alternative formats, items to consider adding to contracts, errors and omission insurance, as well as information on consultant billings.
Attendees can expect the discussion and education of the following learning objectives.
- Understand the specific roles of land development consultants.
- Learn about Request for Information (RFIs) and Request for Proposal (RFPs) consultant documentation.
- Determine the pros and cons of using in-house expertise versus for-hire project management.
- Understand alternative contract formats, the basics of unlicensed consults and E&O insurance, and consultant billings.
Train Your Team
Get the whole team trained! We offer additional savings if you register as a group. For group pricing information, contact us at email@example.com
* Presentations are scheduled for approximately one hour with a 15-20 minute question and answer session to follow. Presentation may exceed scheduled time.
* Each state and certification agency has different requirements; it is your responsibility to know what they are. Note that 1 PDH = 0.1 CEU.
* Purchase of this course allows you access to the presentation(s) for 6 months from the order date.