What’s new in roadway design, construction, and maintenance? And more importantly, how can you implement it in your projects?
Join returning speaker David Hein, P.E. for a live and on-demand, 5-session master class series exploring the latest innovation and best practices in roadway design, construction, and maintenance from around the world.
In this master class series, we’ll explore what’s new in roadways from design and construction techniques to assessment and inspection best practices. Within this discussion, we’ll take a tour of roadway innovation from around the world and how you can adopt these best practices. We’ll discuss the fundamental design principals of flexible (asphalt surfaced) and rigid (concrete surfaced) pavements, their impact on performance, and how you can design your roads to last longer. We’ll also outline the best methods for evaluating the structural and functional condition of roadways. We’ll explore new applications (as well as the advantages and challenges) of using waste and by-product materials in roadway construction. And finally, we’ll wrap it up with a look at the good, the bad, and the ugly of Mechanically Stabilized Earth Walls (MSE), and how you can apply MSE walls as in your roadway or construction projects.
This Master Class Series includes a series of five 1-1.5 hour live and on-demand, online training webinars and Q&A sessions (5 PDH / 0.5 CEU total) focusing on the following advanced topics.
All sessions are presented in a live and on-demand format, so you may attend at your leisure and are accompanied by a quiz to test your skills. Learning on your own at home, online, or with a group, Forester University's Master Class Series is designed as an interactive experience with the leading experts in the field.
Attendees can expect the discussion and education of the following learning objectives.
- Learn the key factors and elements in ensuring successful adoption of new processes and procedures.
- Understand and be able to document the impact of poor design and construction activities on pavement performance.
- Realize the potential MSE wall applications have for transportation facilities.
- Determine how to design and implement a pavement condition assessment program, including scope, data needed, testing types, and testing frequency.
- Identify important issues during inspection and testing to maximize the successful use of waste and by-products in roadway construction.
Train Your Team
Get the whole team trained! We offer additional savings if you register as a group. For group pricing information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
* Presentations are scheduled for approximately one hour with a 15-20 minute question and answer session to follow. Presentation may exceed scheduled time.
* Each state and certification agency has different requirements; it is your responsibility to know what they are. Note that 1 PDH = 0.1 CEU.
* Purchase of this course allows you access to the presentation(s) for 6 months from the order date.