Sponsored by: In-Situ Inc.
Traditional compliance sampling for MS4 NPDES permits is an expensive proposition. Qualifying storm events don’t always happen during office hours, which increases labor costs required to collect a sample. Lab analysis costs are high, and the resulting data is often too sparse to truly solve problems and improve water quality. New monitoring strategies combined with advanced technologies can ensure that you have eyes in the field to capture every event as it happens, every time.
Join DeWayne Smith, P.E. CPESC, CPSWQ, CPMSM, with Hydro Engineering Solutions—for a free online training webinar exploring alternative, cost-effective monitoring strategies and technologies that improve ROI and help to identify potential pollution sources.
Smith will begin by discussing the evolution of monitoring strategies and costs associated with the City of Hoover’s MS4 program. Jumping into today’s cost-effective solution for identifying potential sources, we’ll explore how the City of Hoover has used state-of-the-art continuous monitoring stations to collect and upload real-time water quality data (level, dissolved oxygen, turbidity, pH, ORP and specific conductance). Specifically, we’ll investigate how this monitoring strategy has assisted the city to evaluate the quality of stormwater runoff and base flow within its jurisdiction.
Learn more about In-Situ’s real-time, continuous stormwater monitoring solutions.
Attendees can expect the discussion and education of the following learning objectives:
- Understand the true costs and limitations of traditional sampling programs.
- Explore collaborative approaches that can lead to new, more effective monitoring strategies.
- Determine how advanced techniques and technologies increase data quality and availability.
- Assess how to cost-effectively identify potential pollutant sources.
In-Situ Inc. designs, manufactures, and rents water quantity and quality instrumentation for groundwater, surface water, and coastal waters. Known for innovating top-quality water monitoring equipment, they also provide a full-solution offering for decision-quality data via easy integration with telemetry and data services.
For nearly 40 years, In-Situ products have provided accurate results and reliable operation in harsh monitoring conditions. Applications include aquifer characterization, mining, oil/gas, remediation, aquaculture, and more.
In-Situ offers world-class technical support 24/7 through a global network of regional offices and distributors, and is headquartered in Fort Collins, Colo., USA.
Learn more at: https://in-situ.com
* Presentations are scheduled for approximately one hour with a 15-20 minute question and answer session to follow. Presentation may exceed scheduled time.
* Each state and certification agency has different requirements; it is your responsibility to know what they are. Note that 1 PDH = 0.1 CEU.
* Purchase of this course allows you access to the presentation(s) for 6 months from the order date.