Not a day goes by without a landfill fire occurring somewhere in the world. In fact, major landfill fires are becoming more frequent in the industry, posing significant risks to landfill staff, first responders, and residents downwind of any facility. In order to mitigate the potential and impact of a landfill fire, it’s imperative for landfill managers and incident commanders to understand the risks before a fire erupts so they can be properly prepared to mitigate those risks during an initial response.
Join Dr. Tony Sperling, P.Eng., a landfill engineer and fire control expert with over 20 years of experience, for our 4-session, live and on-demand Landfill Fire Control Master Class Series investigating the mechanics of landfill fires, as well as the key aspects, best techniques, and practical application of landfill fire control, extinguishment, and risk reduction.
This comprehensive, online webinar series is designed to teach municipal solid waste landfill managers, first responders unfamiliar with the nuances of garbage fires, and anyone dealing with potential landfill fires how to initiate a proper, site-specific response when faced with such an emergency. Throughout this master class series, we’ll examine real-life case studies of landfill fires to determine the challenges involved in the extinguishment of major fires, pinpoint the health and safety risks, and provide a roadmap for preventing and controlling landfill fires.
This Master Class Series includes four one hour presentations, each followed by a 15-20 minute question and answer session focusing on the following topics:
Attendees can expect the discussion and education of the following learning objectives.
- Understand the causes and mechanics of landfill fires to develop an effective monitoring program for your facility.
- Determine the best landfill fire control method for your site and how to navigate the incident command structure.
- Examine the key aspects of how landfill fires impact health and safety, and how to protect equipment operators.
- Learn the steps you can take to reduce the risk of a landfill fire and the fire safety audit process.
Train Your Team
Get the whole team trained! We offer additional savings if you register as a group. For group pricing information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
* Presentations are scheduled for approximately one hour with a 15-20 minute question and answer session to follow. Presentation may exceed scheduled time.
* Each state and certification agency has different requirements; it is your responsibility to know what they are. Note that 1 PDH = 0.1 CEU.
* Purchase of this course allows you access to the presentation(s) for 6 months from the order date.