Are you meeting your performance goals? Join Jerald Fifield, Ph.D., PH, CPESC, CISEC and Tina Evans, PE, CISEC, CPESC for the sixth installment of our advanced Accountable Sediment and Erosion Control Plans – Master Class Series, and the second part of our Effective Sediment & Erosion Control Plans for Construction Sites – Mini Series, Calculating Performance Goals and Plan Effectiveness for Your Construction Site. Learn about calculating performance goals (PG) at major discharge points of a construction site using the results of RUSLE2, as well how to calculate effectiveness (EFF) of sediment and erosion control plans before implementation.
Effective construction site sediment and erosion control plans developed by designers and approved by regulatory agencies must meet specific performance goals (PG), but, all too often some performance goals cannot be achieved (e.g., discharge of sediment cannot occur) or remain idealistic (e.g., BMPs must remain functional for all storm events). Calculating erosion rates by RUSLE2 is becoming more commonplace due to the computer algorithms that better simulate vegetation establishment, rendering it an excellent tool to assess how road building activities affect a watershed and allows for calculating performance goals.
Working through Fifield’s best-selling Designing and Reviewing Effective Sediment and Erosion Control Plans (3rd ed.), this sixth module of our Accountable Sediment and Erosion Control Plans – Master Class Series develops a construction site, and puts forth the process and calculations by which using the results of RUSLE2 designers and reviewers can calculate performance goals (PG) at major discharge points by assuming predevelopment discharge of sediment is to be maintained while construction activities occur. Additionally Fifield and Evans discuss how designers and reviewers can calculate effectiveness (EFF) of sediment and erosion control plans before implementation that strive to meet performance goals.
Attendees can expect the discussion and education of the following:
- Develop a sediment and erosion control plan for a roadway project.
- Understand how to develop PG values at major discharge points using RUSLE2 results.
- Complete EFF calculations to demonstrate Performance Goals are being met.
- Understand tools necessary for designers and regulatory agencies to demonstrate S&EC plans are compliant before implementation.
The Latest in Developing Sediment and Erosion Control Plans Master Class Manual
This presentation is based upon and works through the associated chapters in Jerald S. Fifield’s Designing and Reviewing Effective Sediment and Erosion Control Plans (3rd ed.), and is presented as an intermediate to advanced exploration of erosion, sediment, and sedimentation. As such, we recommend purchasing the manual Designing and Reviewing Effective Sediment and Erosion Control Plans (3rd ed.) with the presentation.
Train Your Team
Get the whole team trained! We offer additional savings if you register as a group. For group pricing information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
* Presentations are scheduled for approximately one and a half hours with a 15-20 minute question and answer session to follow. Presentation may exceed scheduled time.
* Each state and certification agency has different requirements; it is your responsibility to know what they are. Note that 1 PDH = 0.1 CEU.
* Purchase of this course allows you access to the presentation(s) for 6 months from the order date.