Whether your landfill is processing 5 tons a day or thousands, it’s not a one-step process. Between daily waste processing, soil excavation, cell construction, daily cover, and traffic management (just to name a few) you have a lot on your hands…and by implementing process improvements…a lot of opportunity.
Join Neal Bolton for the second session in our 4-session Process Improvement for Solid Waste Facilities Master Class Series exploring how you can select and implement the best process improvement techniques and tools within your waste disposal operations (e.g., MSW landfills, C&D landfills, etc.) to increase your efficiency and cost savings.
In this presentation we’ll explore how every part of a landfill’s operation (e.g., processing, land development, cover, airspace utilization, etc.) has a specific cost and production rate, and how you can use process improvement tools to map out each activity, model your entire operational system, and evaluate what’s working and what’s not. Additionally, we’ll examine how by selecting the best process improvement techniques and tools for your operations, you can identify the opportunities for increased efficiency and cost-savings, and implement effective solutions. Finally, we’ll examine some real-world examples of how process improvement has increased efficiency and reduced costs at several landfills.
Attendees can expect the discussion and education of the following learning objectives:
- Gain understanding of the types of process improvement techniques
- Learn how process improvement techniques can improve landfill operations
- Understand how to apply selected techniques to individual pieces of the operation
- Learn how other landfills have used process improvement tools to increase efficiency and reduce cost
Process Improvement for Solid Waste Facilities
Master Class Series
This session is the second module in our 4-session Process Improvement for Solid Waste Facilities Master Class Series. Currently, we are offering the full Master Class Series at a discounted rate. If you are interested in purchasing the full Master Class Series, you can find information and the registration link here.
* Presentations are scheduled for approximately one hour with a 15-20 minute question and answer session to follow. Presentation may exceed scheduled time.
* Each state and certification agency has different requirements; it is your responsibility to know what they are. Note that 1 PDH = 0.1 CEU.