Sponsored by: Profile Products LLC
Specifying topsoil, compost, or Engineered Soil for a project can be a challenging task. Between product inconsistency and lack of availability, environmental challenges, and big product and transfer costs…how can you specify the best solution for your project?
Join returning speaker Marc S. Theisen for a FREE webcast exploring how to specify Engineered Soil Media™ (ESM™) as a cost-effective alternative to topsoil, compost, and other conventional organic soil amendments. We’ll review how you can test your soil for organic content; select proper ESM application rates; calculate the cost benefits; and apply the best practices from real-world case studies and research.
In this webcast, we’ll take an in-depth look at the innovations in Engineered Soil Media (ESM), its application opportunities within erosion control and vegetative growth, and its benefits compared to topsoil and other conventional organic amendments. Within this discussion, Theisen will outline the systematic approach (the 5 Fundamentals) to specifying ESM, while addressing the Construction Specifications Institute (CSI) Format. Theisen will walk through, step-by-step, how to estimate the costs (and cost-savings) of using ESM compared to topsoil and/or compost placement using a specialized calculator and established best practices with updated, real-world case studies.
Attendees can expect the discussion and education of the following learning objectives:
- Learn how and why it is important to test soils for organic content.
- Learn how Engineered Soil Media (ESM) are a viable alternative for topsoil or compost.
- Select proper BSM application rates to ensure success on your site.
- Learn how to calculate and estimate costs of ESM versus using topsoil or compost placement to determine the cost benefits.
Profile Products LLC offers environmentally sound, site-specific solutions including soil modification, erosion control, and plant establishment. As the leading manufacturer of hydraulically-applied mulch and additives, their team of agronomists, engineers, and industry experts is supported through a worldwide network of experienced distributors.
For more information visit www.profileproducts.com
* Presentations are scheduled for approximately one hour with a 15-20 minute question and answer session to follow. Presentation may exceed scheduled time.
* Each state and certification agency has different requirements; it is your responsibility to know what they are.
Note that 1 PDH = 0.1 CEU.