Sponsored by: Profile Products LLC
One of the biggest challenges to cost-effective erosion control is a lack of available high quality topsoil to insure rapid growth of sustainable vegetation on denuded sites. And, even if nearby sources are located, the cost of excavating, hauling, and placing topsoil can be exorbitant and time consuming.
Join returning speaker, Dr. Michael Robeson, for our webcast exploring Engineered Soil Media™ (ESM™) as a cost-effective alternative to topsoil, compost, and conventional organic soil amendments. Additionally, we’ll review the best practices to apply to your projects, including: how you can test your soil for organic content; select proper ESM™ application rates; calculate the cost benefits; and apply the best practices from the latest real-world case studies and results.
In this webcast, we’ll take an in-depth look at the innovations in Engineered Soil Media, its application opportunities within erosion control and vegetative growth, and its benefits compared to topsoil and conventional organic amendments. Within this discussion, Robeson will outline the formulation of ESM and how its elements work together to establish rapid, sustainable growth of vegetation on depleted sites with or without the use of topsoil. Building on this foundation, we’ll explore how you can assess, select, and successfully apply Engineered Soil Media to your sites. Robeson will demonstrate how you can test your soil for organic content and use this information to select the proper ESM application rate for your site. Finally, Robeson will walk through, step-by-step, how to estimate the costs (and cost-savings) of using ESM compared to topsoil and/or compost placement using a specialized calculator and established best practices with updated, real-world case studies.
Additionally, as an attendee you’ll receive early access to the new ESM Specifications and early access (before the webinar) to contact Dr. Robeson with any questions you might have!
Attendees can expect the discussion and education of the following learning objectives:
- Learn how Engineered Soil Media (ESM) are a viable alternative for topsoil or compost.
- Learn how to test soils for organic content and select proper ESM application rates to ensure success on your site.
- Learn how to calculate and estimated costs of ESM versus using topsoil or compost placement to determine the cost benefits.
- Explore updated case studies and current research on the efficacy of ESM.
Profile Products LLC offers environmentally sound, site-specific solutions including soil modification, erosion control, and plant establishment. As the leading manufacturer of hydraulically-applied mulch and additives, their team of agronomists, engineers, and industry experts is supported through a worldwide network of experienced distributors.
For more information visit www.profileproducts.com
* Presentations are scheduled for approximately one hour with a 15-20 minute question and answer session to follow. Presentation may exceed scheduled time.
* Each state and certification agency has different requirements; it is your responsibility to know what they are.
Note that 1 PDH = 0.1 CEU.