Sponsored by: Belgard Hardscapes
Permeable interlocking concrete pavers (PICP) have been performing in North Americafor well over 25 years. And when designed right…can support your heavy traffic loads, mitigate your stormwater, AND keep your costs low.
Join Chuck Taylor and Kevin Earley as we explore Permeable Interlocking Concrete Pavement systems (e.g., components, design principles, benefits, etc.), and how you can successfully design, implement, and maintain your PICP systems to improve your stormwater runoff management, handle your heavy traffic loads, AND reduce your total lifecycle costs.
In this presentation, we'll start with a look at permeable interlocking concrete pavement systems, including: key components, design criteria, benefits, and implementation best practices. We'll then outline PCIP performance criteria and recommended maintenance, and how you can determine these for your project. Taylor and Earley will walk us through budget analysis and how you can use this during project design/development to determine the PICP lifecycle cost advantages. Finally, we'll tour real-world examples of commercial and industrial PICP projects and their results (e.g., heavy load durability, lifecycle cost benefits, etc.), and how you can put these to practice at your site.
Attendees can expect the discussion and education of the following learning objectives:
- Understand performance & maintenance criteria recommended for PICP systems.
- Learn to determine cost comparisons between permeable pavement and conventional impermeable rigid and flexible pavement design.
- Learn the cost variables related to a lifecycle cost analysis for permeable pavements.
- Understand the benefits of using permeable interlocking concrete pavement.
Belgard Commercial is part of the Oldcastle Architectural Group, the largest concrete products manufacturer in North America. With over 180 locations and a company culture characterized by a commitment to customer satisfaction, Oldcastle adheres to a level of service and consistency that no other supplier can match. Our combination of local market presence and national capabilities allows us to meet and exceed the demanding needs of an ever-changing industry.
For more information visit http://www.belgard.com/
* Presentations are scheduled for approximately 1-1.5 hours with a 15-20 minute question and answer session to follow. Presentation may exceed scheduled time.
* Each state and certification agency has different requirements; it is your responsibility to know what they are. Note that 1 PDH = 0.1 CEU.