Sponsored by: Profile
From drones to project software, technology has infiltrated construction and erosion/sediment control, maximizing our efficiency, and improving project success. The greatest impact? Coupling this new technology with field-tested fundamentals of revegetation and erosion control.
Join Matthew Welch, CESSWI to explore the latest in project design software; its parameters, calculations, and applications; and how you can put it to work at your sites with the Five Fundamentals to maximize your erosion/sediment control and revegetation success.
In this webcast, we'll start with a review of the Five Fundamentals for successful revegetation and erosion control, including: soil testing, species selection, product selection, installation, and inspection/maintenance. Welch will then introduce the online site design programs available, including their key parameters, equations, and real-world applications. Within this discussion, we'll review the Revised Universal Soil Loss Equation (RUSLE), Manning's equation, and the Maximum Shear Stress equation, and how you can use these equations and programs to estimate annual soil loss and calculate overland flow. Finally, Welch will outline how you can use these design programs coupled with the Five Fundamentals to examine your site's characteristics and significantly improve its erosion control and revegetation.
Attendees can expect the discussion and education of the following learning objectives:
- Understand the fundamentals to successful erosion control and site revegetation.
- Learn which site parameters can be addressed using online software, and how.
- Learn how to apply the calculations for various design parameters (RUSLE, Manning's, Maximum Shear Stress).
- Learn how to use design software coupled with the Five Fundamentals to improve your site's erosion control and revegetation.
Profile Products LLC offers environmentally sound, site-specific solutions including soil modification, erosion control, and plant establishment. As the leading manufacturer of hydraulically-applied mulch and additives, their team of agronomists, engineers, and industry experts is supported through a worldwide network of experienced distributors.
For more information visit www.profileproducts.com improve your site's erosion control and revegetation.
* Webcast presentations are scheduled for approximately one hour. Webcast may exceed scheduled time.
* Each state and certification agency has different requirements; it is your responsibility to know what they are.
Note that 1 PDH = 0.1 CEU.