Can you believe it's been 40 years since the first stormwater utility formed? Now there are over 2,000! And in that time, many "common" practices in organization, rate structures, and data management have become the "standard." But, there's a big difference between "standard practice" and "best practice."
Join speakers Andy Reese and Henrietta Locklear as they challenge stormwater utility "standard" practice, and lay out the top ten real-world best practices from high performing stormwater utilities, and how you can apply them to take your stormwater utility (or future utility) to the next level.
In this webcast, we'll start with a look at the development of the stormwater utility, the legal standards in place, and the developed "standard" practices (e.g., organization, execution, rate structure, data management, etc.). We'll explore the rising "second generation" stormwater utility, and how it's challenging "standard" practice and refocusing on "best practices." Reese with then outline the top ten best practices currently being employed at high performance stormwater utilities regarding program organization, execution, rate structure, and data management, and their results. And finally, Reese will explain how you can apply these best practices to your stormwater utility (or future utility) to take your organization to the next level.
Whether your stormwater utility is 40 years old, or you're just thinking of forming a stormwater utility, this webinar will lay out the practical best practices to improve the effectiveness and sustainability of your stormwater utility.
Attendees can expect the discussion and education of the following learning objectives:
- Understand (and challenge) the current "standard" stormwater utility practices (e.g., program, rate structure, data management, etc.)
- Gain the top ten real-world best practices for stormwater utilities, including: programs, execution, rate structures, data management, etc.
- Learn how to apply these best practices to your current (or future ) stormwater utility
- Understand the legal standards in place for stormwater utility rate structures
- Understand the rising transformation in stormwater utilities to next generation best practices
* Presentations are scheduled for approximately one hour with a 15-20 minute question and answer session to follow. Presentation may exceed scheduled time.
* Each state and certification agency has different requirements; it is your responsibility to know what they are. Note that 1 PDH = 0.1 CEU.