Zero Waste…it’s a great idea…but can it really be achieved? Join Antonia Graham to answer this question for your community through an exploration of the materials, challenges, and players involved.
In this second class of our 3-session Zero Waste Master Class Series, we’ll take a look at the different types of wastes (e.g., hazardous, universal, and banned materials), their specific challenges, and the available solutions. Within this discussion, we’ll explore banned and hard to dispose of materials (e.g., household hazardous waste, tires, pharmaceuticals, food waste, and construction and demolition debris), how to deal with these materials, and the innovative programs that effectively streamline the reduction, reuse, and recycling of these materials.
Additionally, Graham will discuss how to effectively engage your community to achieve Zero Waste. Within this discussion, we’ll outline how to tailor your engagement plan to your community, conduct a successful public outreach meeting, effectively utilize social media to reach your audience, and how to individualize your outreach methods.
Finally, we’ll conclude our discussion with an exploration of the concept of Extended Producer Responsibility and what the federal and state governments are doing to work with manufacturers to reduce their packaging materials and take back products to ensure proper disposal.
Attendees can expect the discussion and education of the following learning objectives.
- Understand the various types of hazardous waste, universal waste, and other banned materials and how they can be reduced, reused, and recycled to ensure proper disposal
- Learn the techniques to engage and educate the community to achieve Zero Waste
- Gain a new paradigm for consuming where Zero Waste becomes second nature and a central strategy for meeting our needs to ensure a sustainable future
- Learn to identify local Producer Responsibility policies and programs and advocate for Extended Producer Responsibility policies and programs
Zero Waste Master Class Series
This presentation is the second module in our 3-session Zero Waste Master Class Series. Currently, we are offering the full Master Class Series at a discounted rate. If you are interested in purchasing the full Master Class Series, you can find information and the registration link here.
Train your whole team without the hassle of travel, and at a discounted rate! For a limited time you may register your first attendee and location for $79 and all additional attendees at $39 for the single session, or register for the full series for $189* for the first attendee and location and $119* for additional attendees. We’ll provide your group administrator a single logon to access all 3 sessions to broadcast to your group, as well as a completion certificate for each registered attendee toward the CEUs/PDHs completed. If you are interested in group pricing, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Presentations are scheduled for approximately one hour with a 15-20 minute question and answer session to follow. Presentation may exceed scheduled time.
* Each state and certification agency has different requirements; it is your responsibility to know what they are. Note that 1 PDH = 0.1 CEU.